The Watauga County Public Library has a computer lab available to the public, from library opening until 15 minutes before closing time (Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 6:45 p.m. and Friday - Saturday 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.).
- Windows PCs
- Microsoft Office
- Free Internet access on library computers
- Free Wireless Internet
- Printing is available: 10 cents per page for black-and-white, 50 cents per page for color prints.
- Photocopies, 10 cents each
- Fax service (outgoing) is available, $1.50 per page, with one free cover sheet included.
Book a Librarian
Do you need help learning about computers or a Microsoft Office program? Perhaps you have a digital device (eReader, tablet, laptop, or smart phone) and need help getting started with it? Don’t worry - we all do!
The Library's Adult Services Staff are available BY APPOINTMENT to assist with learning new technology devices. Call (828) 264-8784 ext. 2, to make an appointment for one-on-one help, or e-mail us directly through our contact form [to Adult Services] and we'll learn together!
To print from your personal laptop from within the confines of the Watauga County Library, follow the instructions below.
- Visit the link above and download the install for your Windows or MAC computer.
- Once you have downloaded the file, open it to install the LPT:One Print client.
- Once it runs, you will see Black and White and Color Printers installed under your Printers and Faxes.
- Bring up the document you wish to print. Hit print and select Black and White or Color.
- Type in your user ID/name when prompted (this can be your name or library card number, just make sure you remember what you typed, it will be needed to retrieve the print job).
- Visit the reference desk to pay for and pick up your print job.