Tweens & Teens
Hang out in the teen area, check out the manga selections, or use computers to play games (or, ahem, do homework). Our library staff host regular tween and teen programs as well as special events (like Sundae Wars and Library Lock-ins). If you want your voice to be heard, join the Teen Advisory Council , and tell us what you want to see in your library.
Teen Summer Reading
The Summer Reading program for teens (ages 13-18) will begin on June 4 and end on August 3. Visit the Upper Level of the library to register, and check out the Summer Reading Brochure for all the information you need to participate. You can also download the Time Tracker to keep track of your minutes and the Review Sheet to write your book reviews. Regular teen programming will continue throughout the summer on Tuesdays at 4 pm, and we will have several special events related to PBS's Great American Read, including a Cosplay Contest and an Epic Literary Battle.
Vote for The Great ARL Read
Soon-to-be driver in the family? Try these free online DMV permit practice tests.
Computers & Wifi
Follow the instructions below to print from your personal laptop within the confines of the library.
- Visit the link above and download the installation file for your Windows or Apple computer.
- Once you have downloaded the file, open it to install the LPT:One Print client.
- Once it runs, you will see Black and White and Color Printers installed under your Printers and Faxes.
- Bring up the document you wish to print. Click print and select Black and White or Color.
- Type in your user ID or name when prompted (this can be your name or library card number, just make sure to remember what you typed as you will need it to retrieve the print job).
- Visit the downstairs check-out desk or the upstairs self-release print terminal to pay for and pick up your print job.
Does your library make you feel all the feels? Do you wanna find out if you might dig a career as a librarian? You must have a signed, completed application to be considered for a volunteer position. Contact Laura McPherson @ 336-846-2041 ex. 243 or email email@example.com.